When a young man spends a year at Oaklawn, he has the opportunity to:
• Learn or improve his English through our English immersion program, ESL classes, TOEFL Jr testing
• Study under the leadership of qualified and dedicated teachers and staff
• Develop academic skills by participation in spelling bees, geography bees, hands on science experiments
• Receive personal academic attention with the assignment of an Academic Advisor • Experience the culture of the Midwestern United States
• Practice and participate in a variety of sports through our organized clinics, including archery, baseball, basketball, climbing, conditioning, fishing, golf, horseback riding, hockey (ice and rollerblade), soccer (indoor and outdoor), swimming, and tennis
• Make new friends from many countries
• Grow in maturity, responsibility and independence
• Explore new places with weekly outings to beautiful Wisconsin State Parks, major attractions in some of the cities of the Midwest, including Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison, skiing during the winter months, indoor and outdoor water parks at beautiful Wisconsin Dells (the water park capital of the world) and a vast variety of other group outings. Our students participate in chess tournaments, soccer tournaments, cross country events and 3K and 5K races with other groups, schools, and communities.
• Organize and participate in short trips. Destinations of our recent short trips included Boston, Michigan, Minneapolis, and Orlando.
• Explore interests through our Elective Clubs. Some of the clubs recently offered include: chess, drawing, iron chef, miniature models, musical instruments, year book
• Giving back to the community through volunteer efforts and service opportunities
• Access to the sacraments and spiritual guidance
All of this in a safe, healthy and well-supervised environment where their Catholic faith is also nurtured.