More equipped to flourish in the future
We offer a wide range of technology training and maintain up-to-date software and equipment for our students (and staff) to learn from and utilize. The list below demonstrates some of what Oaklawn has to offer:
- 1:1 Technology featuring chromebooks. All students and academic staff have individual chromebooks for collaborating, working and learning. This is the primary resource for information, research, and course materials. Students are supervised through “goguardian” which allows teachers to monitor progress, content, and level appropriateness of materials
- Computer lab with 25 computers
- Teachers in the computer lab can remotely monitor and control students’ computers, as well as resolve issues and receive files.
- Google for Education: This program provides collaboration and e-mail for staff and students. Many staff members are certified level 1 in google apps for education.
- IXL- Internet Based Curricular Math and English Software
- Data projectors in every classroom
- SYCAMORE: Software program that will connect teachers, staff, parents and students for communications, student progress reports, and student records.
- Students will receive training for Digital Citizenship: An Internet safety course.
- Opportunity for home production of educational and promotional videos.